The Tracks - Desert Adventures
A tour with some more adrenaline: take control of a 4x4 ATV, take a quick safety lesson and then onwards to adventure! Depart from our base of operations in the northern part of Los Cabos municipality in company of a certified tourism host and head out to the desert and onto wild roads.
After finishing the safety demonstrations we’ll make our way to the dried bed of San José creek and follow it until we arrive at Sierra de la Laguna. From here we will make a detour deep into Baja California Sur’s ranch land, where our host will tell us all about how the people of this region managed to settle here and how our ancestors built a life out here in the desert. Pay close attention here and you’ll learn how the Pericúes natives tamed the mountains and the desert, leaving behind valuable lessons for us who followed.
Afterwards, our ranchers will prepare samples of their best regional dishes to host you for a tasting of the best food the Baja California deserts have to offer. Because there is no better way to get to know a culture than getting to know its food. Before we return to your hotel you will have the opportunity to buy some goods from the ranchers like their delicious honey or famous cheeses; all of it proudly made on-site.
Please abstain from participating in this adventure if you suffer from respiratory illness, heart problems, back problems, angina, you are pregnant or have had surgery in the last 90 days.
- Bring light comfortable clothing and walking shoes
- Bring cash and/or cards for tips and purchases
- You must be over 25 years old and have a valid drivers license to drive the ATVs
- This tour operates Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
- Duration: 6 hours approx. (not including transportation)
- Roundtrip transportation in air-conditioned vehicles
- Certified tourism host
- 4x4 ATV (one per couple)
- Regional food tasting
- Non-alcoholic welcome beverage
- Free time for photographs and shopping
- Alcoholic beverages