Visit to Espiritu Santo
An expedition into the national marine protected area of Espíritu Santo, a cluster of islands named after the largest of them, located in the Sea of Cortes just a few miles north of La Paz.
To get there we must make the drive through the desert from Los Cabos to La Paz, a two hour drive on a highway surrounded by phenomenal landscapes. The boat ride to Isla Espíritu Santo offers amazing views of the bay and the natural features of the island on the way to los islotes, a sea lion colony the sea lion colony where you’ll be snorkeling* (closed May-August).
After a quick safety instruction briefing you will go into the water accompanied by certified guides to snorkel with the sea lions and the colorful marine life of Los Islotes. These playful, curious and intelligent creatures pose no danger to us as long if we respect them, and depending on their mood, the puppies might even come to play with us as they find us humans to be fascinating distractions. Keep your eyes open, as on top of the sea lions there are always chances to encounter other creatures like dolphins, whales (when in season), rays, turtles, and much more.
The tour includes a fresh ceviche meal and a quick stop in Todos Santos for a visit to the town’s square and the chance to have a delicious frozen treat and shop for some souvenirs.
This tour might include vigorous swimming. Please abstain from participating in this adventure if you suffer from respiratory illness, heart problems, back problems, angina, you are pregnant or have had surgery in the last 90 days.
*The sea lion colony of Los Islotes is closed to visitors between May and August, snorkel then takes place in one of Isla Espíritu Santo’s coral reefs.
- Bring a bathing suit and change of clothes
- Bring light comfortable clothing, sunglasses and a hat
- Bring only biodegradable sunscreen - for the safety of marine animals chemical sunscreens and other skin lotions are not allowed in this tour.
- Bring a waterproof jacket for warmth during the cooler months (Dic-Apr)
- Bring cash and/or cards for tips and purchases
- Itinerary subject to changes due to weather
- Maximum 12 participants
- Minimum age 9 years old
- Depending on the area where your hotel is located, these are the approximate pick-up hours:
- Diamante: Rancho Grand Solmar, Nobu and Hard Rock Hotel - 5:15am
- Pacific - 4:45am
- Cabo San Lucas - 4am
- Tourist Corridor and Puerto Los Cabos - 4:15am
- San José del Cabo - 4:00am
- Roundtrip transportation in air-conditioned vehicles
- Safety certified driver
- Bilingual, professionally Certified guides
- Snorkel gear and lifejacket
- 45 to 60 minutes of snorkeling
- Bottled water
- Juice and aguas frescas
- Freshly prepared ceviche
- Short visit to Todos Santos Pueblo Mágico
- Entry fee to Protected Natural Area - $50 MXN, paid cash upon arriving to the dock
- Alcoholic beverages