The Jewels of La Paz
A lengthy day of beautiful beaches, local jewelry and our culture. Bring your swimsuit, plenty biodegradable sunscreen, and all your excitement.
Start with an early morning drive to make our way to the beautiful Balandra, Mexico’s most beautiful beach (México Desconocido, 2020) in time for a refreshing morning dip in a paradise on Earth. Followed up with a visit to El Tesoro Escondido de La Paz, a hidden beach ideal to lounge on, relax in its calm waters or go for a swim in the bay.
With all this swimming you are sure to work up an appetite, so after El Tesoro we will make our way to downtown La Paz, where you’ll enjoy time on your own to have breakfast in one of the many great cafés here before we go shopping. That’s right, before we leave La Paz we’ll make a stop at the jewelry shops so you get a chance to see the pearl jewelry that first made La Paz famous. From there we will say goodbye to La Paz and start making our way to the next stop; the historic, Pueblo Mágico of Todos Santos.
Denominated a Pueblo Mágico de México (Magical town) because of its rich history and its unending commitment to their culture and arts, Todos Santos is a quaint town built in the midst of an oasis by the Pacific coast. Here we will visit the town’s historic Mission, one of the first to be established in Baja California after the conquest, the historic town square that retains the charm and beauty of traditional Mexican architecture, the arts market, and the one and only Hotel California (yes, that one). At the end you will have some free time to yourself so you can do any shopping you want or grab a snack or a frozen treat at one of the peleterías in town before heading back to your hotel in time for supper.
This tour makes for a long day filled with quintessential Baja experiences and is one of the best ways to experience La Paz and Todos Santos in one day, perfect if you have a short visit or have many other plans you want to attend to.
- Bring a bathing suit and change of clothes
- Bring light comfortable clothing, sunglasses, a hat and walking shoes
- Bring only biodegradable sunscreen - other types are not allowed in Balandra
- Bring a light coat during the cooler months (Dic-Apr)
- Bring cash and/or cards for tips and purchases
- Itinerary subject to changes due to weather
- Duration: 10 hours approx.
- Depending on the area where your hotel is located, these are the approximate pick-up hours:
- Diamante: Rancho Grand Solmar, Nobu and Hard Rock Hotel - 5:15am
- Pacific - 4:45am
- Cabo San Lucas - 4am
- Tourist Corridor and Puerto Los Cabos - 4:15am
- San José del Cabo - 4:00am
- Roundtrip transportation in air-conditioned vehicles
- Safety certified driver
- Certified tourism host
- 2 hr visit to Balandra (subject to availability)
- 2 hr visit to El Tesoro Beach
- Breakfast time
- Visit to downtown La Paz and jewelry store
- Visit to Todos Santos
- Time for lunch
- Guided visits to La Misión, the historic district, arts market and the Hotel California
- Free time for photographs and shopping
- Entry fee to Protected Natural Area - $50 MXN, paid cash upon arriving to Balandra
- Food or beverages